Skin board packaging is a cost effective solution to protect and promote your product.
Skin board packaging contours around your product providing protection and ultimate visibility. Andex Skin-Pac board is ideal for contoured, loose, irregular, and large parts. Skin packaging might be old school but it’s highly effective!
Board: High quality paperboard with white front & back for a quality appearance.
- 24pt. SBS (Solid Bleach Sulfate)
- 33pt. and 43pt W2S (recycled content in the middle layer)
Andex skin board features:
- Universal semi-clear coating to provide a strong seal to skin film.
- Die Cutting available upon request.
Skin Packaging Basics:
- The process requires specialized paperboard, inks and coating, skin film, and equipment to seal and die-cut the master sheet.
- Andex skin board provides high strength, low curl and excellent film adhesion. The special paperboard has a porous (non-clay coated) surface. The printed graphics are attractive but not as vivid as blister cards (clay coated surface). The skin film enhances the graphic appearance with a slight gloss.
- The heated film is draped over the master sheet capturing and contouring around the product. It’s like the stretch wrap used in the kitchen.
- The master sheet is then cut to individual cards containing your product. Keyslots, round corners and internal die cuts may be added during the cutting process.
How do the skin board and film stick together?
What types of products can be packaged in skin boards?
Skin board packaging is great for:
- Small or large items
- Lightweight or heavy products
- Products without holes or voids
- Rigid products
- Various quantities of items
- Industrial and some retail products
- Higher profile items
- Loose parts
Expect Excellence from Andex!